Blanching is a quick and easy method to lock in the color and flavor profile of the peas before freezing. It is a quick way to revive the frozen peas before use.
Blanching preserves the color, taste, and texture before freezing.
- 1 cup of peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 quart of water for boiling
- 1 quart of cold water with ice, in a bowl
- Boil the water
- Add peas, and allow to boil for about a minute
- Drain the peas and immediately immerse them in ice water
- Once the peas are cool, drain and use
- It is not required to thaw frozen peas before cooking. You can use them directly
- I use blanching to quickly revive my frozen peas if I am going to use them raw